I recently found this video on Yahoo! News and immediately thought, what a genius idea for a super simple breakfast! So I gave it a try last Sunday, and here’s my version of the recipe.
What I used to make 4 cups of baked egg:
- 8 slices of streaky bacon (approximately 150 gr)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp grated cheese (I mixed cheddar and feta)
- A handful of chopped fresh herbs (I used chives cos that’s what I happened to have in the fridge)
- Salt & pepper to taste
And just follow the video:
- Fry bacon until slightly brown but not completely crispy. Place bacon pieces around each muffin cup and break a couple of pieces to cover the bottoms as well.
- Crack one egg into each muffin cup, season with salt & pepper (you may want to go easy on the salt since the bacon itself is already salty). Top with cheese and herbs.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 C for 13 minutes. The original recipe calls for 15 minutes of baking, but I found the yolks a tad dry to my liking.
It’s very eggilicious, by the way 😉