Cheese ranks high on top of my list of comfort food, together with chili, peanut butter, chocolate, and uh… alcohol *flinch*. I wish I could say that without making me sound like an alcoholic 😛 Hence, I was very excited when I discovered a super easy recipe for a cheesy biscuit or cracker or whatever you call it.
I saw Ina Garten making this in one of her Barefoot Contessa’s shows, so you should probably be able to find the original recipe in Food Network website. But this is my take on the recipe that is so easy you could have made it with your eyes closed.
First, your shopping list:
- 113 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
- 85 gr grated parmesan
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp chopped thyme leaves (feel free to substitute this for other herbs such as rosemary, sage, or chives)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Then, mix all of them:
- Use paddle attachment if you have a stand mixer, otherwise feel free to use your hand mixer.
- Beat butter until creamy. Add flour, parmesan, thyme, salt, and pepper (basically, add the rest of the ingredients). Beat just until all are combined.
- Move the dough to a lightly-floured worktop. The first time I made this, I split the dough into two and rolled each of them into an even-sized log. I chilled them in the fridge for an hour or two, and sliced into half centimeter’s rounds.
- Line the slices on a baking sheet and bake in pre-heated oven at 175 C for 18-20 minutes. Voilà, you have 30 round-shaped cheese biscuits.
- The second time I made this, I shaped the dough into rounded squares instead. I think the next time I’m craving for this again, I will roll the dough into half centimeter’s thick and cut into various shapes using cookie cutters.