Any regular frequenters of the Food Network Asia channel would know this recipe by Giada by heart. It is often shown between programs or commercials.
It always looks to me like a very simple yet delicious and healthy enough breakfast menu. So one fine Saturday morning, I decided to attempt this.
What you need, if you’re planning to make 2 servings:
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt
- Several scoops of raspberry jam
- Several handfuls of granola
- A handful of sliced almonds, toasted (simply spread them on a roasting tin & place it in the oven, 175C for about 10mins)
Let’s start layering:
- Mix ricotta cheese & yoghurt in a bowl, whisk till smooth
- Into each parfait glass or any tall glass, scoop one spoonful of ricotta yoghurt mixture, followed by one scoop of raspberry jam and a handful of granola
- Repeat the layer one more time and top with a spoonful of ricotta yoghurt mixture.
- Scatter toasted sliced almonds on top and serve
The verdict: it’s delicious. Creamy, sweet, and crunchy at the same time, this makes a perfect breakfast any day.
Apparently ricotta cheese goes very well with plain yoghurt. Now I need to figure out what to do with the leftovers 🙂